The Cleveland Jewish Publication Company is seeking a digital content producer to join our editorial team.
We are looking for an individual with exceptional skills and a passion for creating and distributing news content across different media. As the digital content producer, you will be responsible for posting CJN content on the website and associated social media channels. You will support the editorial team in generating original content as well as enhancing content appearing in print. As a member of the editorial team, the ideal candidate must demonstrate a collaborative working style and exceptional communication skills and work well independently.
We offer candidates the chance to make an immediate impact as part of a rapidly growing multimedia company that produces an award-winning weekly newspaper, a biweekly newspaper, multiple websites and social media channels, six magazine titles serving the Jewish and secular communities, community events and custom publications.
You’ll be expected to leverage your established digital expertise and newsroom skills to make a tangible difference in a fast-paced and constantly evolving 55-year-old community-owned independent multimedia company.
Roles and responsibilities
• Manage the content flow on the home page, landing pages and article pages of cjn.org and columbusjewishnews.com, the official websites of the Cleveland Jewish News and the Columbus Jewish News, adding metadata, hyperlinks, images, info boxes and additional digital content to all articles on the websites.
• Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager and Managing Editor to determine appropriate schedule for posting and broadcasting all online content.
• Edit and publish JTA, JNS and AP wire content for publication-readiness, including clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.
• Meet weekly deadlines for assigned print assets.
• Compose online headlines and summaries, taking into account SEO principles and keywords.
• Optimize, aggregate and package assets for print and digital publications.
• Collaborate with reporters to post stories on schedule.
• Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager and Managing Editor to evaluate current workflow processes and develop and continue to evaluate best practices to better satisfy audience needs.
• Produce e-newsletters, including managing the content, design and sending of e-newsletters.
• Disseminate breaking news alerts.
• Write, shoot and produce videos for print, digital platforms (including social media), magazines and events.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, design or associated concentration with an emphasis on newsroom and/or online competencies or professional equivalent.
• Minimum 2-3 years hands-on experience in a professional environment.
• Deep understanding of digital tools, trends, and best practices.
• Advanced knowledge of social media and how to engage fan base on digital platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
• Photography and videography experience.
• Strong digital production skills, including video editing and multimedia production.
• Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS preferred.
• Familiarity with Constant Contact or other email marketing platform.
• Experience using Blox CMS or other similar management system.
• Exceptional decision-making, planning and organizational skills.
• Self-motivation and self-directed toward achieving excellence.
• Effective communicator who is able to work well with and adapt to diverse personalities in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
• Ability to multitask and excel under intense deadline pressure.
• Work collaboratively within a cross-functional environment, which includes editorial, sales, design and other departments.
• Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback, training and coaching.
• Apply innovative, creative thinking to support the company’s goals.
• Proficiency in grammar and AP style a must.
• Flexible and open-minded.
• Position involves some weekends and evening assignments.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid Ohio driver’s license.
• Knowledge of Cleveland Jewish community helpful, but not required.
• Strong desire to win and have fun!
We value a culture of collaboration and professional and personal growth for all team members.
The CJPC provides a competitive salary, healthcare, 401(k) match, short-term and long-term disability, personal time off that increases with tenure and a generous company holiday schedule. We also offer a work schedule option that includes every other Friday off.
If you feel strongly that you could contribute to our team, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume to Cheryl Sadler, digital marketing manager, at email@example.com. Please include “Digital Content Producer” in the subject line.
Cleveland Jewish Publication Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.