A terrorist opened fire at a car in the Arab village of Huwara, just outside Nablus, on Sunday, seriously injuring a 30-year-old man.
His wife, 35, suffered from shock and was transferred to Beilinson Hospital in Petah Tikva.
Three children sat in the back seat of the vehicle. They were not injured.
Israeli security forces pursued and “neutralized” the terrorist.
Magen David Adom paramedic Moshe Meir Shimon said: “We provided medical treatment to a man in his 30s who was seriously injured by a gunshot to his upper body and to a woman who was suffering from shock. We quickly transferred them to the ambulances and evacuated them to the hospital as the man’s condition is serious.”
Yossi Dagan, head of the Samaria Regional Council, said at the scene of the attack: “Stop behaving like the previous government that neglected security with its inaction. I call on and demand from the prime minister, the minister of defense, and all our fellow ministers in the government: It is the turn of the IDF to launch a military operation against the terrorist authority.”
Terror groups praised the attack. Hamas spokesman, Hazem Qasem, said, “We welcome the commando operation in Huwara and confirm that it is a natural response to Israel’s crimes in the West Bank and Jerusalem.”
Islamic Jihad said that “this is a natural and legitimate response to Israel’s crimes, the latest of which was today in Damascus and two days ago in Jenin.”
In the Arab village of Beita near Nablus, sweets were handed out to celebrate the attack.
Only three weeks ago, two brothers, Hallel and Yagel Yaniv, were also killed in Huwara in a shooting attack while sitting in their car at the same junction.
The terrorist who carried out the attack, Hamas member Abdel Fattah Hussein Kharousha, was killed by IDF soldiers on March 7.
He had been released from an Israeli jail only months earlier.