Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faces a challenge by Lt. Gen. (Res.) Benny Gantz
JERUSALEM (JTA) — The blame game started shortly after midnight on Thursday morning.
“It's too bad what happened in Israel,” the president told reporters.
JERUSALEM (JTA) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu suffered a bruising defeat in being unable to form a ruling government coalition and having to call new elections, but the new national poll has a silver lining for him. It virtually ensures that Netanyahu will become the longest se…
This is the first time ever that Israel will hold two elections in one year.
The post Israel will hold another national election in September appeared first on Jewish Telegraphic Agency.
The Knesset, Israel’s national legislature, has voted to disband and hold new elections Sept. 17, after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu failed to form a government by the end of May 29.
(JTA) — Israel held a national election seven weeks ago. It might hold another one in September.
JERUSALEM (JTA) — As Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu struggles to form a new government, President Reuven Rivlin said he would not stand in the way of new elections in Israel.
With the Israeli election over, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has begun to prepare to form his coalition for his fifth term after beating Lt. Gen. (Res.) Benny Gantz.
Palestinian Islamic Jihad's fighting force of 10,000 armed operatives, combined with Hamas's 30,000 armed wing members, mean that Gaza has developed a veritable terrorist army.
Labor leader Avi Gabbay is trying to evade responsibility for the party's April 9 disaster, but Israel's oldest political party was on the skids long before he was even elected chairman.
- Is time running out for Netanyahu?
- Rivlin officially tasks Netanyahu with forming next government
- Netanyahu officially tasked with forming Israel’s next government
- Rivlin says he will ask Netanyahu to form government
- Different election, same old bias: Media takes aim at Netanyahu (yet again)
- Israeli President Rivlin set to call on Netanyahu to form next unity government
- Beto O’Rourke congratulates Netanyahu on win after calling him a ‘racist’
- Gantz calls Netanyahu to congratulate him, coalition talks begin next week
- Liberal US Jewish groups bemoan Netanyahu’s victory as ‘undermining’ Israeli democracy
- Final Israeli vote tally shows Naftali Bennett and Ayelet Shaked not entering Knesset
- Netanyahu’s victory means the far right in Israel is about to get a lot more powerful
- In re-electing Netanyahu, Israelis chose stability
- Of annexation and Trump’s peace plan, what’s next on the post-Israeli election agenda?
- Fuchs Mizrachi mock election: Netanyahu in landslide
- Confusion, controversy as doubts loom over New Right’s possible entry to Knesset
- The kids are all right-wing: How Israel’s younger voters have grown more conservative over time
- Here are the issues Israelis had in mind when voting
- Blue and White concedes, Lapid vows to make Knesset a ‘battleground’
- Blue and White co-leaders concede defeat in Israel’s elections
- Netanyahu’s re-election reveals sharpening Israel divide between Republicans and Democrats
- Gantz concedes, will work against Netanyahu
- 9 takeaways from Israel’s historic election
- Trump: ‘Better chance’ for peace with Netanyahu winning
- Trump says Netanyahu victory is ‘good for peace’
- Record may be set for wasted votes in Israel’s election
- Blue and White leader Gantz: ‘Nothing is final yet; reports aren’t telling final story’
- Labor officials demand leader’s resignation after dismal election showing
- Bennett: Netanyahu’s last-minute plea cost New Right chance to form government
- Despite virtual election tie, Netanyahu-led right likely to emerge victorious
- Netanyahu appears to win narrow victory in Israel’s election
- Israeli exit polls show Netanyahu edging ahead of rival
- Netanyahu declares ‘tremendous victory’ as emerging ballot results give Likud a clear lead
- Despite uncertain results, Gantz declares himself next prime minister
- Amid unclear results, Blue and White Party declares victory
- Early exit polls out of Israel shows Gantz with narrow lead over Netanyahu
- As exit polls come in, Likud members cautiously express hope in Israeli elections
- Netanyahu and Gantz in dead heat, Israeli election exit polls show
- For Israelis, Election Day means hard choices — and sunbathing
- Israeli election results too close to call
- An anti-Zionist Orthodox group is paying people in Israel not to vote
- Likud expressing concern over turnout as Israeli elections wind down
- ‘The atmosphere here is one of a close battle’ – Blue and White’s elections HQ awaits results
- Parties’ claim of low turnout in Israeli elections seems to be political ploy
- In Israel, haredi Jews tend to vote in blocs — unless they’re ‘Anglo’ immigrants
- Voters in full swing at polling stations throughout Israel
- Benny Gantz assists injured motorcyclist on Election Day
- New York Times blunder gets Israeli campaign ad backwards
- Netanyahu and Gantz cast their ballots as voting is underway in Israel
- 80,000 Israelis visit national parks on Election Day
- Israel’s Central Elections Committee forbids election-day candidate interviews